Purely because my love for Banana Milk is just that big...

Also, I like writing heaps of stuff

Monday, February 13, 2012

3am Rambling.


I find it so hard to articulate myself these days. I go to write something, and every single time I write, I feel as if it doesn't explain what I'm trying to get across. I just can't get the right words, the right phrases, and I feel like a complete idiot when I eventually post what I've attempted to write. At the moment, I'm laying down listening to The Art of Sleeping (ironic, I know, considering it's 3am), thinking about life and stuff. More just pondering. I don't even know what half of it is about, to be honest. My thoughts are just kind of flying all over the place, and I'm writing them down as I think them.

I really want to be able to write a song. Musically, I'd be able to. It's just the lyrics. I can't sing, I have horrible rhyming and creative skills, and I wouldn't have a clue what to write a song about anyway. I just keep playing around with my guitar, finding cool sounding chord progressions, and thinking "oh, that would sound so cool with words". Except I can't think of any words. No matter how hard I try. I mean, what would I write a song about? Should I think of an experience? And even if I did write a song, I couldn't sing it. I can't sing, and I struggle to play guitar and sing (well, attempt to sing) at the same time anyway. However, I just feel as if I should throw all sense of caring into the wind, and give it a shot. I won't be sleeping for ages. May as well try.

I don't know why I'm writing this. I don't know why I keep writing in my blog, to be honest. No one reads it. It's more a diary type thing, I guess. And yet, it's not really a diary. More a collection of random thoughts. Anyway, it's officially Valentines day today. The day in which, as a society, we're meant to celebrate love. Instead, it gets turned into a commercially driven day which exploits couples, and makes those who are single everywhere depressed because they don't have anyone. As usual, I choose to remember the original meaning of they day, and be glad that, as a race, humans have been graced with the ability to love. It's something we often forget to do, and fail to recognise just how valuable love truly is. While I'll have no 'valentine' today (as usual), I'll continue to be happy in who I am as a person. I'll also give this song writing business a shot. I may even come up with something good.

Who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment