Ok. Firstly, I'm about 99% sure I haven't written anything here in a good 6 months. Maybe longer. Who knows. Either way, I basically had nothing to write... then I forgot about it... then I couldn't be bothered... and now, with my first year of Uni over and absolutely NOTHING to do with myself until camps come along this summer, I'm sitting here at nearly 2 in the morning with a massive urge to write stuff down. So, I'm going to chuck it here, where my amazing 2 followers can read it (if they read it), and live happily in the knowledge that I've written an essay length blog thingo.
Before I actually begin, I got distracted for a bit, had a look, and my last post was in April, about the Royal Wedding. I rant a lot... haha. Oh, and it also reminded me of some wonderful things that ended so very well. (heavy sarcasm, since keyboards are amazing at showing it). Anyway.. to all you wonderful readers out there, I WILL BEGIN!
I don't even know anymore. Seriously, at the start of this year I was so pumped for everything. Uni! Living away from home! The excitement, the adventure. It's been pretty cool... except it hasn't worked out anywhere near as well as I hoped. Sure, I've survived. Somehow. When I think about it, my physical health is probably nowhere near as good as it should be, thanks to an amazing diet and sleeping habits. Then there's uni... which I struggled with. Greatly. Motivation has been a big issue, and this year has left me wondering whether or not it's actually where I'm meant to be in life at the moment. I'm not sure, and I still haven't been able to figure out exactly where I'm meant to be. I need direction, and I haven't got it. It's very disorienting.
Not that this year has been bad. Quite the opposite. It's been amazing. Made so many AWESOME friends, thanks to camps and other things. Also, my guitar playing has gotten heaps better, probably due to me buying an acoustic, putting heaps more effort into it, and having so much more motivation to actually play it. Now that I think about it, I know where the motivation came from, but I'm going to ignore that and say that it was due to my music tastes developing and changing so much. At the moment, I'm listening to Florence + the Machine. If you told me that a year ago, I would've laughed, and walked off with Parkway Drive blaring in my ears. Not that I still don't like hardcore/metal type stuff, but I've gotten more mellow in my tastes, and I enjoy it. That translates into more acousticy stuff, which means more acoustic guitar playing. I also might be taking up bass... how weird.
Yeah, this is just a heap of nothing. I mean, I would ask for you guys to give me something to write about, but I probably won't get any form of response at all. That being said, if, by some random chance, you're sitting here reading this, you should so suggest something for me to write about. Anything, I don't actually care, I'll write about anything. Just give me something :)
And on that note, I'm going to stop writing. I actually feel quite dissatisfied in finishing now... but I don't know what to put down. So I'll leave it for a few days and come back, and maybe some inspiration will have hit me. Or, by some miracle, there'll be something down below :P haha. Anyway, enjoy life, have fun, and eat lots of cookies :) That is all.
No comments:
Post a Comment