It's rare, if ever, that I find a song that pretty much describes how I feel at that current point in time.
I actually can't remember the last time that happened, but I do know that it's pretty powerful when it does happen to me.
And it makes me think. Lots.
However, recently, I've been listening to Thrive (by Switchfoot) heaps, and I relate to it so much.
"I want to thrive, not just survive"
Every lyric in that song I feels describes how I am right now, and how I feel.
I feel as if I have no direction. Trust me to get to the end of my first year at Uni then completely question whether or not I'm meant to be there.
I'm just not sure anymore. I've been sure about what I want to do since year 8. I've always been certain of where I was going to end up.
Until I started doing it.
How typical of me.
I was thinking about all that in the car before, while driving, and just thinking about where I'd want to end up in life if I didn't become a teacher.
The results of that soul searching are kind of scary... and surprising.
It ended in becoming a Youth Pastor of some sort, which isn't really that shocking. I mean, have a look at how much youth I'm involved in.
Then it changed into becoming a missionary. THAT shocked me.
Never before have I really been keen to go on a missions trip before.
I mean, I've always been interested in what happens, but I've never been like "hey, this seems like a great idea. I'm going to do it!"
But now... the idea has been going around in my head non-stop since I first thought of it.
How great it could be, to go and help people.
People in need.
People who appreciate anything they can get.
I actually think I might look into doing one.
Which is scary, but cool.
It's something new.
And it's something which might make me thrive, and not just survive.
No comments:
Post a Comment